School Choice Option for Joint Base MDL Residents
Families arriving at JB-MDL have the option to choose the school district that their children will attend. This is a unique benefit only for military families living in the United Communities Housing on JB-MDL.
We encourage you to understand the choices. Selection of a school district is subject to the following guidelines:
- Both North Hanover Township Schools and Pemberton Township Schools are options for your children in PreK-6.
- Families with children in grades 7-12 can choose between Northern Burlington Regional School District and Pemberton Township Schools.
- Children who attend North Hanover for PreK-6 will automatically attend Northern Burlington for middle and high school.
- Once you select a school district, you cannot change districts. You should fully expect to consult with school staff to discuss any concerns you have with the programs in that district.
- Transportation is provided to either school district, regardless of where you live within the United Communities Housing on JB-MDL.
- The district selected for the oldest child becomes the district of residence for the entire family. Families cannot place children in different school districts.
- The location of your residence within the United Communities Housing on JB-MDL does not affect your choice of school district.
- Only families living in the United Communities Housing on JB-MDL have school choice. Military families living off base must attend school where they reside.